How do I activate my SharePoint site?
On the Site Settings page, in the Site Actions section, select Manage site features. On the Site Features page, next to SharePoint Server Publishing, select Activate.
How do I get to my personal SharePoint site?
You access your personal site by clicking on your name at the top right of your Office 365 homepage.
How do I enable site collection administration?
To do this:
- Navigate to the root of a site collection (the most top level site)
- Click on Gear Icon > Site Settings.
- Under Users and Permissions, click on Site collection administrators.
- Add users in the window, click OK.
What is my site host SharePoint?
The My Site host site collection is a site collection that uses the Enterprise site template named My Site Host. This site collection must be created in the web application that you want to host My Sites.
How do I publish a SharePoint online site?
Create a publishing portal
- Sign in to Microsoft 365 as a global admin or SharePoint admin.
- Select the app launcher icon. in the upper-left and choose Admin to open the Microsoft 365 admin center.
- Choose Resources > Sites.
- Choose Add a site.
- In the New Site Collection dialog box, enter the following information:
- Click OK.
How do I access my SharePoint?
Sign in to SharePoint
- Go to office.com, and sign in to your work or school account.
- In the upper left corner of the window, select the app launcher > All apps > SharePoint. Tip: If you don’t see the SharePoint app under All apps, use the Search box near the top of the window to search for SharePoint.
How do I access SharePoint from my desktop?
How to sync SharePoint Libraries to your computer
- In a web browser, go to https://portal.office.com.
- Log in with your Microsoft 365 credentials.
- Click on the ‘SharePoint’ icon.
- Click on the SharePoint site you wish to sync.
- Once you are on your chosen site, click on the ‘Documents’ option from the left-hand site:
How do I activate a site collection reporting?
- On the Site Settings page, under Site Collection Administration, select Site collection features.
- On the Site Collection Features page, locate Reporting from the list of features and then select the Activate button.
Where is collection administration in SharePoint online?
If you want to get all site collection administrators of a SharePoint Online site,
- Click on Site Settings Gear, select Site Settings.
- On the Site Settings page, click on the “Site Collection Administrators” link under the “Users and Permission” group.
Where is SharePoint Online Admin Center?
Go to https://admin.microsoft.com in your web browser to open the Office 365 admin center. Then in the navigation pane or in the list of all admin centers, click SharePoint to open a SharePoint admin center.
What is a publishing site template SharePoint Online?
A SharePoint publishing site enables authors to create and modify web content and then publish that content on an intranet or public-facing Internet site. The template is a file that dictates the overall look and feel of a site and can include the following: Web parts. Page layouts.
What is publishing page in SharePoint?
Publishing pages are simple web pages that exist within a SharePoint site that you can add text, formatting, images, and web parts to using familiar MS Word-like buttons. Publishing pages can be edited and published for view separately so that content is made “live” as the author decides.
Can you use SharePoint Designer 2010 to create a site?
Using SharePoint Designer 2010 to Customize SharePoint Online You cannot use SharePoint Designer 2010 to create a site collection. Instead, you must use the SharePoint Online Administration Center, as shown in Figure 2. After you create a site collection, you can use SharePoint Designer 2010 to open and customize any site in the site collection.
Why are my sites hosted in SharePoint Server?
Because My Sites have dependencies on other service applications and features in SharePoint Server, ensure that you meet the prerequisites in this section before you perform the procedures in this task. My Sites are hosted by a web application and rely on a User Profile service application. Both are described in this section.
How to manage web applications in SharePoint Server?
In Central Administration, click Application Management, and then click Manage Web applications. On the Web Applications Management page, select the web application that you created to host My Sites. On the Web Applications tab, in the Manage group, click Managed Paths.
How to create a self-service site in SharePoint?
To enable self-service site creation, you must be a member of the Farm Administrators group on the computer running the SharePoint Central Administration website. In Central Administration, in the Application Management section, click Manage Web applications.