How do I get photos off my iPhone without using iPhoto?
Use Image Capture. You’ll find it in your Applications folder. It’s surprisingly robust, and it’s made by Apple. You can also use Preview, go File -> Import from iPhone.
How do I access photos on my Mac without iPhoto?
You can also access your iPhoto library without opening an iPhoto. You can use “Finder” to manage your photos and access your library photos without opening an iPhoto.
How do I get photos off my iPhone without importing to my Mac?
Go to your Pictures Folder and right click on the iPhoto Library. From the resulting menu select ‘Show Package Contents’. A finder window will open and you’ll find your pics inside the Originals Folder.
How do I transfer photos from iPhone to Mac free?
To transfer photos from iPhone to Mac:
- Go to the Control Center to enable AirDrop on your iPhone.
- On the Mac, open Finder and go to “Go” > “AirDrop”.
- Turn on Wi-Fi to enable AirDrop if necessary.
- Go to Photos on your iPhone, select the pictures you want to transfer, and tap the “Share” button.
Why can’t I access photos on my Mac?
If your Photos Library won’t open or if the Photos app behaves unexpectedly on your Mac, the Photos Repair Library tool might help. Then, while you click to open Photos, hold down the Command and Option keys at the same time. In the window that opens, click Repair to start the repair process.
How do I access photos library on Mac?
To get there quickly, open Finder and click “Go” in the menu bar, then select “Go to Folder” in the menu that pops up. In the window that opens, type ~/Pictures , then click “Go.” If the “Photos Library. photoslibrary” file is there, you’ll see it listed in the Finder window that appears.
What is the best alternative to Apple Photos?
- Adobe Lightroom. Adobe Lightroom is an excellent replacement for iPhoto.
- Google Photos. Google Photos is an online photo editing and management program compatible with Windows, Mac OS and Android.
- Apple Photos.
- FastStone Image Viewer.