How do I open DPM Admin console?
To access DPM Administrator Console remotely
- On the Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
- In the Remote Desktop Connection dialog box, enter the name of the DPM server in the Computer box and then click Connect.
How do I manually install DPM Agent 2012?
In DPM Administrator Console, click Management > Agents. Click Install on the tool ribbon to open the Protection Agent Installation Wizard. On the Select Agent Deployment Method page, click Install agents > Next.
How do I protect my DPM server?
Set up primary and secondary protection
- The Primary DPM server has the protection agent already installed. You need to attach this protection agent to the secondary DPM server. Important.
- Add the primary DPM server to an existing protection group, or create a new one. Select to protect the following data sources:
What is DPM Administrator console?
The DPM Administrator Console is a Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in that is used to manage a DPM server that by default is installed when you install Data Protection Manager. To access it, you must be interactively logged on to the DPM server using a domain account that has local administrator privileges.
How do I check DPM logs?
Log files are located as follows:
- DPM installation information: Logged on the DPM server at %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft System Center\DPM\DPMLogs.
- DPM activity information: Logged on the DPM server at %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft System Center\DPM\DPM\Temp.
How do I manually uninstall DPM agent?
In DPM Administrator Console, click Management on the navigation bar. On the Agents tab, select the computer you want to remove the protection agent from. In the Actions pane, click Uninstall. In the Uninstall Agents dialog box, click Uninstall Agents and click Next.
How do I restore my DPM server?
Restore the DPM SQL Database
- Log into the Cloud Direct Server Vaulting Management Portal Web UI.
- Select the DPM computer. The Computer summary page opens.
- Click the Restore tab.
- Click New Restore.
- Select one of the following options:
- Click Next.
- Select DPM SQL Database policy restore.
- Click Next.
How do I remove DPM agent from server?
Here’s How You Force the Removal of a DPM Agent
- Launch the DPM Management Shell on the DPM Server.
- Type the name of the remove script – remove-productionserver.ps1.
- Enter the name of the DPM server.
- Enter the FQDN of the machine to remove.
How do I uninstall DPM?
To uninstall the DPM application
- In Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and Features.
- In the Uninstall or change a program list, right-click Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2010 and then click Uninstall/Change.
Is DPM free?
It’s a available for free when you download Azure Backup. DPM allows redundant backups—where you can protect one DPM installation with another. DPM will also perform recovery of Hyper-V replicas—Azure Backup Server will only do the backing up.
Can a DPM be deployed as a standalone server?
As a physical standalone server —You can deploy DPM as a physical standalone server to back up on-premises data. Physical DPM servers can’t be deployed in a cluster, but you can manage multiple physical servers from a single console by installing Central Console on System Center Operations Manager.
Can you run DPM as an on-premises virtual machine?
As a Hyper-V virtual machine —You can run DPM as a virtual machine (hosted on an on-premises Hyper-V host server), to back up on-premises data. For a list of considerations in this environment see Install DPM as a virtual machine on an on-premises Hyper-V server.
Is there a DPM protection agent for SQL Server?
DPM protection agent installed on computers and servers you want to protect using DPM. DPM uses SQL Server as a database to store backup information for workloads, servers, and computers it protects.
What kind of computer do I need for DPM management?
The DPM Management Shell can be installed on computers running Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10. The computer must be running at least .NET Framework 4.0.