How do you restring a blind lift cord?
- Step 1 – Twist the valance clip into the slot on the back of the valance.
- Step 2 – Determine the length of string needed.
- Step 3 – Cut all of the pieces of new lift string to the necessary length.
- Step 5 – Fuse the new string to the existing string.
- Step 6 – Pull the string through the blind.
How do you replace a vertical blind string?
- Step 1 – Measure the blind.
- Step 2 – Remove the headrail by pushing up on the bracket tabs on the backside of the blind.
- Step 3 – Use the lighter to melt an end of the new cord to the old cord.
- Step 4 – Tie a knot at the end of the new cord so it won’t pull through the blind.
How do I change the strings on my blinds?
Match the ends of the old and new pull cords together and trim them to the desired length. Thread the wooden cap bead back on and tie a firm knot to hold it in place. Melt the end of the string, once again with the lighter, in order to keep it from fraying. Test the pull cord to make sure it functions properly.
How do I replace the pull cord on my vertical blinds?
How do you fix a broken string on a blind?
Pull the knot of the broken string and remove the string from the bottom rail. Slide the tip of a new blind string into the hole in the bottom rail. Feed the string up through the hole in each blind slat, weaving between the left and right side of the ladder as you pass the string through each successive blind slat.
How do you restring blinds?
Cut the string 12 inches below the bottom rail. Tie a knot in the bottom of the string large enough that the string cannot pass through the hole in the bottom rail. Pull the string from the head rail until the knot is one inch from the bottom rail, then replace the plug or clip.
Are vertical blinds easy to install?
Installing vertical blinds is a quick and easy task that should not take you too long at all. In order to install your vertical blinds you are going to need some basic tools. A typical install will require the following tools: A Pencil. A Tape Measure. A Drill. A Screwdriver. Pliers .
How do I restring Venetian blinds?
How to Restring Your Venetian Blinds Step 1 – Take down Blinds Step 2 – Pull Old String Step 3 – Cut New String Step 4 – Secure New String Step 5 – Rehang Blinds Step 6 – Proper Care
How do I install Levolor blinds?
The easiest way to install Levolor blinds is to secure brackets by drilling 2 screws into the upper inside corners of your window. Then, space your valance clips out evenly onto your headrail. Slide the headrail into the brackets and snap the valance on.