How is date stored in Db2?
A date is a three-part value representing a year, month, and day in the range of 0001-01-01 to 9999-12-31. Db2 stores values of datetime data types in a special internal format. When you load or retrieve data, Db2 can convert it to or from any of the formats in the following table.
How do I get the current date in IBM Db2?
- Run the following command from the Db2® CLP to obtain the current date. db2 values CURRENT DATE.
- Using the PROJECT table, set the project end date (PRENDATE) of the MA2111 project (PROJNO) to the current date. UPDATE PROJECT SET PRENDATE = CURRENT DATE WHERE PROJNO = ‘MA2111’
What is the default date format in Db2?
Mainframe DB2 applications support alternative formats as well as the defaults….Output Host Variables.
|Mainframe Data Type||SQL Server Data Type||Mainframe Default Format|
How do I query a timestamp in Db2?
To get the current timestamp of the operating system on which the Db2 is running, you use the CURRENT_TIMESTAMP function:
- SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP result FROM sysibm.sysdummy1;
- RESULT ————————- 2019-06-14 10:59:26.988.
- SELECT CURRENT TIMESTAMP result FROM sysibm.sysdummy1;
What is the size of date in DB2?
Internally to Db2, the date is represented as a 4 byte field, with each byte containing 2 packed decimal digits stored in the format yyyymmdd.
What is current timestamp in DB2?
The CURRENT TIMESTAMP special register specifies a timestamp that is based on a reading of the time-of-day clock when the SQL statement is executed at the current server.
How can I get date in YYYY-MM-DD format in SQL Server?
How to get different date formats in SQL Server
- Use the SELECT statement with CONVERT function and date format option for the date values needed.
- To get YYYY-MM-DD use this T-SQL syntax SELECT CONVERT(varchar, getdate(), 23)
- To get MM/DD/YY use this T-SQL syntax SELECT CONVERT(varchar, getdate(), 1)
How does the date function in DB2 work?
When the DATE function gets a character string as input, it assumes that it is valid character representation of a DB2 date, and converts it accordingly. By contrast, when the input is numeric, the function assumes that it represents the number of days minus one from the start of the current era (that is, 0001-01-01).
What kind of data is stored in DB2?
Each byte stores two packed decimal digits. Db2 stores date data in a special internal format. For displaying, Db2 converts the internal format to one of the following formats: The following string represents a date value: In this format, the year is 2019, the month is 05 (May), and the day is 06.
What is the value of a timestamp in DB2?
A timestamp is a seven-part value representing a date and time by year, month, day, hour, minute, second, and microsecond, in the range of 0001-01-01-00.00.00.000000000 to 9999-12-31-24.00.00.000000000 with nanosecond precision. Timestamps can also hold timezone information. Db2 stores values of datetime data types in a special internal format.
Which is the date and time function in SQL?
SQL Date and Time functions are as follows: DAYNAME: Returns a mixed case character string containing the name of the day (e.g., Friday) for the day portion of the argument. DAYOFWEEK: Returns the day of the week in the argument as an integer value in the range 1-7, where 1 represents Sunday.