Is fishing allowed in MacRitchie?
MacRitchie Reservoir Fishing Ground You can fish along the blue area as depicted on the map above. There are signs and instructions located on site as well.
Why is fishing illegal in Singapore?
Fishing in non-designated areas is dangerous and pose safety risks to pedestrians and reservoir users. There are designated fishing areas at our reservoirs and waterways and we urge members of the public to be socially responsible and abide by the rules for the safety of all park users.
Where is best fishing in Singapore?
Top 10 Places for Fishing in Singapore for a Great Catch
- Punggol Point Jetty. The Punggol Point Jetty at day time (Source)
- Serangoon Reservoir. The scenic and serene Serangoon Island Reservoir (Source)
- Pasir Ris Town Park Fishing Pond.
- Bedok Reservoir.
- Woodlands Jetty.
- Jurong Lake.
- Changi Beach Park.
- Marina Reservoir.
Can we fish at Punggol Waterfront?
1. Punggol Point Jetty. Just next to Coney Island, Punggol Point Park is home to a jetty that looks out on Pulau Ubin and the Johor Straits. The promenade is a picturesque waterfront hangout where anglers can catch snapper, barramundi, rays and more.
Where is it illegal to fish in Singapore?
Fishing is allowed in the waters around Singapore, except in “No Take” zones, such as the Sisters’ Islands Marine Park, where fishing in any form is not allowed.
Is fishing allowed in reservoirs?
By bringing the community closer to water, they can better cherish and appreciate this precious resource. Fishing is permitted at selected reservoirs and waterways below.
Is fishing illegal in Singapore?
Is it illegal to swim in the Singapore River?
People standing around Merlion Park can also be seen looking at the man. “That was my first time seeing a man swimming in front of the Merlion statue,” said Sazali. Stomp understands that it is illegal to swim in the Singapore River.
Where can I catch big fish in Singapore?
8 Places to go Fishing on Singapore Shores
- Bedok Jetty. Hint: The best bait is always the bait that you can catch at the fishing spot.
- Changi Beach.
- Changi Boardwalk.
- Breakwaters along East Coast Park.
- Punggol Point Jetty.
- Sembawang Park Jetty.
- Woodlands Waterfront Park Jetty.
- Labrador Jetty.
What is the best fishing spot?
The World’s Best Fishing Spots and Where To Find Them
- Cairns, Australia. Famous for its Great Barrier Reef, the coast off Eastern Australia is also the world’s best marlin fishing spot.
- Key West, Florida.
- Azores, Portugal.
- Orkney Islands, Scotland.
- Prince Edward Island, Canada.
- Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand.
Where is fish legal in Singapore?
Is fishing allowed at West Coast Park?
West Coast Park offers limited fishing spots along the beach. Please note that fishing is not permitted at the jetty, marsh gardens and ponds within the park. Located in East Coast Park, the waters in the area are famed for their bountiful supply of fish.