What degree do you need to work at a radio station?
While some radio hosts enter the field with a high school diploma or GED, many employers require a bachelor’s degree. Most radio hosts earn a bachelor’s degree in radio broadcasting or a related field, such as communications, journalism or music or sports communication.
How do I get a job in FM radio?
Here are some of the Radio Jockey courses that you can pursue to get started on your journey to become a successful RJ.
- Diploma in Radio Programming and Broadcast Management (DRPM)
- Diploma in Radio Production and Radio Jockeying (DRJ)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Radio and Broadcast Management (PGDRBM)
How can I work for a radio station?
How to get a job in radio
- Start small – try local or community stations.
- Seek volunteer or internship positions. Bear in mind that there can be heavy competition even for unpaid work.
- Don’t be picky about the type of work – even manning the phones can teach a lot.
Is radio a good career?
For those seriously interested in taking up radio broadcasting as a career, radio broadcasting schools are a good stepping stone. However, you should also remember that this is a kind of job that requires a bit of personal flair to outshine others in the competitive market of today.
How can I join RJ in FM?
How can I become a RJ in FM?
Radio Jockey Courses and Colleges
- Diploma in Radio Programming and Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Radio Programming and Management.
- Diploma and Certificate course in Radio Jockey.
- Diploma in Radio Management.
- Certificate Course in Radio Production Programme.
How much does a radio broadcaster make?
Radio Announcer Salaries
|Southern Cross Austereo Radio Announcer salaries – 2 salaries reported||$49,183/yr|
|Family Radio Radio Announcer salaries – 1 salaries reported||$50,582/yr|
|Seven West Media Breakfast Radio Announcer salaries – 1 salaries reported||$54,619/yr|
What is a broadcasters salary?
According to the BLS, broadcasters in that industry had an hourly mean wage of $51.96 and a yearly mean income of $108,080 in May 2020. The industry with the highest employment level was radio and television broadcasting, which had an hourly mean wage of $26.51 and an annual average salary of $55,150.