What DNS settings should I use?
Our list contains 10 of the best DNS servers to use this year:
- Google’s Public DNS Server. Primary DNS: 126.96.36.199.
- OpenDNS. Primary: 188.8.131.52.
- DNS Watch. Primary: 184.108.40.206.
- Comodo Secure DNS. Primary: 220.127.116.11.
- Verisign. Primary: 18.104.22.168.
- OpenNIC. Primary: 22.214.171.124.
- GreenTeamDNS. Primary: 126.96.36.199.
How do I change my DNS from 8.8 8.8 to Windows 10?
How to change Windows 10 DNS settings using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Change adapter settings option in the left pane.
- Right-click the network interface that connects Windows 10 to the internet, and select the Properties option.
How do I find my DNS settings on Windows?
To see your current DNS settings, type ipconfig /displaydns and press Enter. To delete the entries, type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter. To see your DNS settings again, type ipconfig /displaydns and press Enter.
What does the 8.8 8.8 address correspond to?
Google Public DNS
The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are as follows: 188.8.131.52. 184.108.40.206.
How do I change my DNS settings on Windows 10?
How to Flush DNS on Windows 10
- Right Click on the Start Icon.
- Click on Command Prompt.
- The Windows Command Prompt Window will appear. Type in: ipconfig /flushdns. and press ENTER.
- You should receive the following message: Windows IP Configuration. Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
How do I change DNS settings on w10?
To change your DNS server on a Windows 10 computer, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Change Adapter Settings. Then right-click a connection and select Properties > IPv4 > Properties. Finally,select Use the following DNS server address.
How do I access my DNS settings?
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Advanced > Private DNS.
- Select Private DNS provider hostname.
- Enter dns.google as the hostname of the DNS provider.
- Click Save.
How do I find out what my DNS is?
Open your Command Prompt from the Start menu (or type “Cmd” into the search in your Windows task bar). Next, type ipconfig/all into your command prompt and press Enter. Look for the field labeled “DNS Servers.” The first address is the primary DNS server, and the next address is the secondary DNS server.
How to change DNS in Windows 8.1?
Step#1: “Right click” on the start button then select “Control Panel”.
Where to find DNS settings?
By default, the DNS settings are automatically obtained by your computer’s network connection. DNS server addresses may also be manually configured. Check the network connection settings of your computer to find your DNS settings. Locate the DNS settings of your local network connection on your computer.
How can I Reset my DNS settings?
Open Control Panel.
How do you restart DNS?
Type “net start dnscache” into the command prompt and press “Enter.”. This restarts the DNS service on the machine. The DNS service restarts. You can test the restart by opening a Web browser and entering a domain into the navigation text box. If the domain displays successfully, your DNS is working properly.