What is a detestable person?
If you say that someone or something is detestable, you mean you dislike them very much. [formal] I find their views detestable. Synonyms: hateful, shocking, offensive, disgusting More Synonyms of detestable.
What word class is detestable?
Detestable is an adjective – Word Type.
What are some antonyms of detestable?
antonyms for detestable
What do detestable means in the Bible?
: arousing or meriting intense dislike : abominable.
What is the noun form of detestable?
Other Words from detestable detestableness noun. detestably \ di-ˈte-stə-blē \ adverb.
What is a sentence for detestable?
1. All terrorist crime is detestable, whoever the victims. 2. ‘You’re detestable!’
What does detestable mean in the Bible?
How do you use detested in a sentence?
Detested sentence example
- Much as they detested having to make the phone call, both knew it was necessary.
- Louis did not love his brothers, and he detested their policy, which without rendering him any service made his liberty and even his life precarious; yet, loath to condemn them to death, he vetoed the decree.
How do you use detestable in a sentence?
Detestable in a Sentence 🔉
- The detestable crimes angered the city and caused them to come together to stop the violence.
- The bandit and his detestable followers were hated by the people in the small village they plundered.
- Because of his detestable policies, the mayor was despised and ran out of office by the people.
What is the antonym of deficient?
What is the opposite of deficient?
What does detestable mean?
The definition of detestable is disgusting, hateful or awful. An example of something detestable is stabbing a best friend in the back multiple times. YourDictionary definition and usage example. “detestable.”.
What is an abomination/detestable to God?
God hates anything that goes against who He is, His nature, and His word. So yes, pride, lies, and murders are an abomination to Him. Anything that defiles His people, especially the holy matrimony of marriage (which is the only thing that God compares His love with the church) is detestable.
What is the meaning of detestable person?
adjective. Deserving intense dislike. ‘I felt I was a detestable person and I hated myself and had all the feelings of failure.’. ‘Allen’s characters, both the admirable ones and the detestable ones, are intensely alive, and we know this by their distinctive voices.’.
What is a detestable Sin?
What are the seven detestable sins according to the Bible? “There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers” (Proverbs 6:16-19).