What is DTC engine code?
A DTC code is a series of diagnostic trouble codes used by a vehicle’s onboard diagnostics (OBD) system to alert you when a vehicle experiences a malfunction. These codes were created by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) to help vehicles comply with emission regulations.
How do I check my DTC code?
- How to read OBD codes: Preparation.
- Step 1: Plug the OBD scanner into the OBD port.
- Step 2: Turn on the ignition.
- Step 3: Enter the Vehicle Identification Number.
- Step 4: Find OBD codes in the menu.
- Step 5: Interpret the first character of the OBD code.
- Step 6: Interpret the second character of the OBD code.
How do you clear a DTC code?
Use a Code Scanner
- Connect the scanner to the on-board diagnostic connector (OBD-II) under your steering wheel. Turn your ignition switch to “On.” Turn off all accessories.
- Press the “Read” button on your scan tool to view the engine’s error codes.
- Press the “Erase” button on your scanner to clear the error code.
How do you reset ABS light on International 4300?
usually located on the left side below the steering wheel. push in the button and hold it for 15 seconds and it will reset or you can push in the light itself on the trailer and it will blink an amount of times giving you the code on the problem.
What are the trouble codes for International trucks?
International Trucks Diagnostics Trouble Codes (DTCs) for Model: 3200, 4100, 4300, 4400, 7300, 7400, 7500, 7600, 7700, 8500, 8600, BE 200, CE Bus, CXT, DuraStar, LoneStar, MXT, ProStar, RXT, TranStar, WorkStar
How does the International Truck diagnostic scanner work?
The International Truck diagnostic scanner enables you to read and erase the fault codes that relate to the check engine light on your truck. It works on all International Trucks listed in the drop down box above. With the code reader, you can quickly find out trouble causes (troubleshooter) of electronically controlled systems on your truck
How does the Isuzu diagnostic scanner fault code reader work?
With the code reader, you can quickly find out trouble causes (troubleshooter) of electronically controlled systems on your truck, by simply connecting the reader to the diagnostic socket, whilst reading the trouble code (DTC) shown on the device, and hence, identifying, locating and checking trouble causes.