Why is my Mac volume stuck on mute?
Why is my Mac volume stuck on mute?
According to users, if your MacBook is stuck on mute, one way to fix the problem is to reset the NVRAM. Turn off your MacBook and start it again. While the device boots, press and hold Option, Command, P, and R. Hold the keys pressed until you hear the startup sound playing for the second time.
Why is my Mac not letting me unmute?
Check System Preferences: Open System Preferences and click Sound. Click the Output tab and click on Internal Speakers. Check that Mute next to Output Volume is not muted (there should be no tick in the checkbox). Make sure that the Output Volume slider is moved to the right.
How do I unmute the sound on my MacBook?
How to Mute on a MacBook
- Press the “Mute” key once to mute all system sound.
- Press and hold the “Volume Down” key until the mute symbol appears, or simply press and release this key repeatedly until you reach mute status.
- Press the “Mute” key again to unmute the MacBook’s sound volume.
How do I turn off mute button on Mac?
How to fix the mute button that is stuck or greyed out on MacBook Pro 2017/18?
- Resetting PRAM on MacBook ( Shut down macbook and Press the power button and then press command-option-P-R )
- Try SMC Reset — Press at the same time shift-option-control (on the left side of the machine) and the power button.
How do I fix my Mac stuck on mute?
Hold Shift+Control+Option and the Power button at the same time for approx. 10 seconds. Release the keys. Reboot your Mac and check the sound.
How do I fix the locked Sound on my Mac?
- Remove any external audio devices and cables from the USB, FireWire, or 3.5 mm audio ports.
- Open System Preferences from the Apple () menu, the Dock, or from the Applications folder on your hard drive.
- Open the Sound pane and the Output tab, then select Internal Speakers as in this image:
How do I unmute my microphone on my MacBook air?
To unmute yourself, click the Mute button again. Change the volume of your microphone: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound, click Input, then drag the “Input volume” slider. Change the volume you hear: Change your computer’s volume.
How do I get Sound back on my Mac?
Check your sound settings
- From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences.
- Click Sound.
- Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers.
- If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again.
- If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again.
Why is Sound not working on my Mac?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Sound , then click Output. If your Mac has only one audio port, click the “Use audio port for” pop-up menu, choose Sound Output, then make sure your external speakers are selected. If they aren’t, try unplugging the speakers and then plugging them in again.
Why is my audio not working on my MacBook?
Check Sound settings Sometimes if MacBook audio isn’t working, you just need to adjust the Sound settings. Open System Preferences > Sound. Click the Output tab and select Internal Speakers. Make sure that Output volume is set correctly and that your speakers aren’t muted.
How do I get the Sound back on my Mac?
How do I unlock the Sound on my Mac?
Unlock the Audio Go to “System Preferences” click on “Sound” make sure that the “Input” is set to “Internal Microphone” and the “Output” is set to “Internal Speakers”. Good Luck!
What to do when volume is stuck on Mute on MacBook Air?
Check the system Prefs > Sound make sure you have Headphones selected and the volume control and Mute settings are correctly set. Was this answer helpful? Click the Built-in Output.
What do I do if my sound is not working on my Mac?
Launch the application “Audio MIDI Setup” by entering the first few letters of its name in a Spotlight search and selecting it in the results (it should be at the top.) Select Built-in Outputfrom the list on the left. If the Muteboxes are checked, uncheck them.
How to reset pram when audio is muted?
I’m answering via iPhone… As for resetting PRAM “PR” you hold down PR as you restart. Normally you release when you here a startup chime, but with your audio muted, I’d say hold down 20-30 secs at least. JB MoreLess