Are lamp finials a standard size?
Most lamp finials have a ¼-27 thread and screw onto a lamp harp. Some lamps do require a finial with a larger hole. This is usually a 1/8-ip thread and measures approximately 3/8″ in diameter.
What is the knob on top of lamp called?
When attached to a stand, many lamps use a decorative knob, called a finial.
How do you measure a finial lamp?
Lamp shade dimensions are typically measured as top x bottom x slant.
- Top denotes the diameter (or width, if measuring a square lamp shade) of the top of the lamp shade.
- Bottom denotes the diameter (or width) of the bottom of the lamp shade.
- The slant is the length of the side of the lamp shade.
Do lamps have finials?
There are finials and decorative pull chain charms for every decorating style which are made from a variety of quality materials. Many of the lamp finials and fan pull choices are one of a kind and can not be replicated. There are also numerous standard factory lamp finials to select from.
Do finials fit all rods?
Finials usually attach to a curtain rod securely without any screws needed. However, note that some finial styles do require screws. Are curtain rod finials interchangeable? Absolutely.
What size finials do I need?
The finial base should always be large enough to fully cover the end of the rod, but not so large as to look out of place. Typically, you’ll want to choose a finial with a base which is just a bit larger than the rod size it will be used with.
What are the parts of a lamp called?
Parts of a Table Lamp (top to bottom):
- Lock: Locks the lampshade in place.
- Lampshade fitting: structural frame for the lampshade.
- Lampshade: Softens the light.
- Bulb: Provide the light.
- Harp: Vertical shade support and shade attachment into the socket.
- Socket shell: light socket for bulb.
What is the switch on a lamp called?
In electrical wiring, a light switch is a switch most commonly used to operate electric lights, permanently connected equipment, or electrical outlets. Portable lamps such as table lamps may have a light switch mounted on the socket, base, or in-line with the cord.
How do you measure finial size?
The easiest way to measure the diameter is to remove the finial from one end and measure straight across the end of the rod from one side to the other. See our Glossary section for a diagram of Diameter. (Do not measure around the outside of the rod, as this is the Circumference not the Diameter.)
What sizes do lamp finials come in?
Lamp Finial Frequently Asked Questions
- 1/8 IP (3/8″ diam) to 1/4-27 thread adapter…
- 1/8 IP (3/8″ diam) to 1/4-27 thread reducer…
- Nipple/pipe thread which is 1/8 IP (hollow threaded tube 3/8″ diameter)
- The most common is Harp thread which is 1/4-27 (threaded solid stud 1/4″ diameter)
What are lamp finials?
Lamp finials set on top of a lamp harp and hold a washer fitter shade to the top of a lamp. Any specialty lamp shops often offer a variety of unique lamp finials. It is an easy way to change the look of a lamp or give it a little more flair.
What are the things on top of lamps?
Finials are decorative caps that fit over shades at the top of a lamp. They help secure the lampshade in place and complete the lamp aesthetics. Finials come in a variety of colors, materials and shapes and are most often used with spider fitters.