Can OpenOffice open PPTX files?
ppt, etc.), OpenOffice.org 3.0 is now capable of opening files created with Microsoft Office 2007 or Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac OS X (. docx, . xlsx, . pptx, etc.).
Is there an OpenOffice app for Mac?
macOS Support The current Apache OpenOffice supports Apple OS X version 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.11 (El Capitan) and macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina).
How do I open an OpenOffice document on a Mac?
OpenOffice.org is installed like most other Mac OSX applications:
- Get OpenOffice.org for Mac OSX.
- Open the downloaded disk image by clicking on it.
- Drag and drop the OpenOffice.org icon into the Applications folder or any other folder on your system.
- Start the application by clicking its icon in the Applications folder.
Is OpenOffice free for Mac?
OpenOffice is an open-sourced productivity suite. It offers many essential desktop tools such as a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation manager, and a drawing program. The app is free and is a great way to get access to similar features as Microsoft Office but without having to pay for it.
How do I open a PPTX file?
A PPTX file is a Microsoft PowerPoint Open XML Presentation file. Open one with PowerPoint Viewer or PowerPoint, Google Slides, or another Office alternative.
How do I open a presentation in Open Office?
Open your presentation with File > Open. Start the slide show with the menu Slide show > Slide show or with the button in the Presentation bar. Alternatively, you can start the slide show with the function key F5.
Is OpenOffice for Mac any good?
5.0 out of 5 stars The best FREE word processing program for your Mac! Love, love, love Open Office! It’s high quality, has a ton of online templates to add, and, best of all, it’s FREE. It’s also a much better word processing program than Libre Office, which starting have major issues after a few years.
What program is equivalent to Word on Mac?
iWork Suite Included with your Mac is the iWork Suite: Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. These are Apple’s own alternatives to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Pages, for instance, is one of the best Word alternatives for Mac.
Can Apple pages open odt files?
odt is not supported by Pages/iWork.
Is OpenOffice free?
Apache OpenOffice is free software. That means you are free to download it, free to install it on as many PCs as you like, free to pass copies to as many people as you like. You may use OpenOffice for any purpose without restriction: private, educational, public administration, commercial… Free, really free.
How do I convert a PPTX file to PDF?
Save PowerPoint presentations as PDF files
- Select File > Export.
- Click Create PDF/XPS Document, then click Create PDF/XPS.
- In the Publish as PDF or XPS dialog box, choose a location to save the file to.
- Optionally, if you want to change what the final PDF file is like, do any of the following:
- Click Publish.
How can I open a PPTX file without PowerPoint?
How to Open PPTx file without PowerPoint?
- Use OpenSource Presentation programs such as OpenOffice, LibreOffice etc.
- Use Google Slides by uploading the PPTX file to you Google Drive.
- Use WPS Office.
- OR use your Smartphone to view the PPTX files.