How do you find the top 1 salary in SQL?
select *from employee group by salary order by salary desc limit 1,1; There are other ways : SELECT name, MAX(salary) AS salary FROM employee WHERE salary IN (SELECT salary FROM employee MINUS SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee);
WHERE is top 3 salary in SQL Server?
To Find the Third Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query,
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 3 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
How do you select top 3 salary in SQL?
Query : select * from( select ename, sal, dense_rank() over(order by sal desc)r from Employee) where r=&n; To find to the 2nd highest sal set n = 2 To find 3rd highest sal set n = 3 and so on..
How do you select top 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee;
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id;
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
How do you find the maximum salary from an employee table?
Try using this SQL SELECT statement: SELECT * FROM employees WHERE department_id=30 AND salary = (SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employees WHERE department_id=30); This will return the employee information for only the employee in department 30 that has the highest salary.
How do I find the top 5 values in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How can I get 3 minimum salary in SQL?
- select salary from employee. order by salary asc limit 2,1.
- SELECT * FROM.
- select person_name,person_salary from Salary_1 order by person_salary asc limit 2,1;
- select top 1 * from ( select top 3 * from ( select distinct emp_sal from employee order by asc emp_sal ) d orderby desc emp_sal )
How do you find the minimum and maximum salary in SQL?
SELECT name,salary FROM employee where salary = (select max(salary) from employee); And to find out the minimum salary along with employee name I have written this query: SELECT name,salary FROM employee where salary = (select min(salary) from employee);
How do I find the maximum value of a column in SQL?
To find the max value of a column, use the MAX() aggregate function; it takes as its argument the name of the column for which you want to find the maximum value. If you have not specified any other columns in the SELECT clause, the maximum will be calculated for all records in the table.
How can we find third highest salary in each department in SQL?
Using NTH_VALUE() To use NTH_VALUE() , we have to specify the column and the value of N. Since we want to get the third-highest salary , the column is salary, and N = 3; hence, we have NTH_VALUE(salary, 3) . This will get us the third-highest salary.
How to find the second highest salary in SQL Server?
One way as suggested by Arka Poddar. IN SQL Server using Common Table Expression or CTE, we can find the second highest salary: WITH T AS ( SELECT * DENSE_RANK() OVER (ORDER BY Salary Desc) AS Rnk FROM Employees ) SELECT Name FROM T WHERE Rnk=2;
What are the top 10 jobs that demand SQL?
As per the data found on various job websites, here are the top 10 high paying jobs that demand SQL: 1. Data Analyst 2. Database Developer 3. Database Administrator 4. Data Scientist 5. SQL Server Developer 6. Software Developer 7. Software Consultant 8. .
Which is the best way to improve SQL?
Keep in mind, the most ideal approach to bond the ideas and show signs of improvement in SQL are by rehearsing and tackling SQL issues. You can discover increasingly intuitive activities by going through SQL Server training and tune your SQL career.
Do you need SQL to be a data analyst?
SQL is a must if you want to become a Data Analyst. SQL in data analysis is used for accessing, cleaning, and analyzing data that is stored in databases. Data analysts must be systematically talented so as to recognize designs inside enormous amounts of information.