How do you reset the anti-theft system on a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am?
Turn the ignition key to the “Off” position for 10 seconds. 3. Repeat this process 3 times. This should reset the Security light/system and allow you to start your car.
How do you reset the security on a Pontiac Grand Am?
Pontiac Grand Am Security System Reset
- Get out of the car and stand near the driver’s door.
- Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the remote until the buzzer sounds once and the lights flash briefly.
- Get in the car and insert the key into the ignition.
- Wait 30 seconds and start the engine.
How do I get my Pontiac out of theft mode?
The keyless entry remote and the ignition key are required to reset the anti-theft system.
- Exit the vehicle and stand next to the driver’s side front door.
- Press and hold the lock and unlock buttons on the keyless entry remote until the horn honks once and the lights flash briefly.
How do you fix Anti theft system?
Method 1: Check your key and cylinder
- Step 1: Check your key fob battery.
- Step 2: Check your door lock cylinder.
- Step 3: Check that you are using the proper key to start your car.
- Step 1: Check for the anti-theft light.
- Step 2: Turn the ignition to the “on” position.
- Step 3: Check the anti-theft light again.
How do I permanently disable GM PassLock?
How to Disable a GM PassLock System
- Leave the ignition key turned to the “On” position after the vehicle has stalled and will not start.
- Look at the dashboard and locate the theft system light.
- Turn the ignition to the “Off” position to disable the PassLock system, and wait for 20 seconds for the system to reset.
How do you start a 2003 Grand Am without a key?
How can I start my car without the ignition key? Remove the screws that are holding the electrical part (the part with the wires) and the mechanical part of the ignition switch together. Insert a flat-head screwdriver into the key hole and turn in the same direction as you would your key . This will start your car .
How do you reset the anti theft system on a 1996 Pontiac Grand Am?
How do i reset security code?
- Perform a security system relearn.
- Let the vehicle sit for more than 10 minutes with the key off.
- Attempt to start the engine, leave the key in the run position monitoring the security system indicator.
- After 10 minutes, the security indicator will change state.
Will disconnecting battery reset anti theft?
One last thing you can try if your car alarm is going off and you can’t get it to stop, but you can get under the hood is to disconnect the battery. By unplugging the battery for a few minutes, it will also reset the computer. All you have to do is disconnect the positive or negative terminal and wait.
Why does my Pontiac Grand Am have a security light?
1999 – 2004 Pontiac Grand Am The problem is usually caused by the “Passlock Sensor”, which is part of the Ignition Lock Module. Your owner’s manual gives you the following advise “After attempting to start the engine, if the “SECURITY” light flashes or stays on, wait ten minutes with the key in ON until the light goes off.
What should resistance be for Pontiac PassLock security system?
The resistance should be approximately the same as the resistor you connected into the circuit. (about 2200 ohms. [2.2Kohms]) If not, you have a wiring problem and you will need a wiring diagram for your vehicle to make repairs. You will find the 2002 Pontiac Security System Wiring diagram at the bottom of this article.
How to replace the PassLock sensor on a GM car?
Find the three wires that connect the Passlock Sensor to the Body Control Module and substitute our circuit for the Passlock Sensor. Perform the “Relearn” Procedure so that our Body Control Module recognizes our new circuit. Go to Radio Shack and buy a Mini Terminal Block, and a package of 2200 ohm (2.2k-Ohm) resistors.
Where is the ignition switch on a GM radio?
Use a 5/16 inch socket to remove the three screws holding the radio in place. Pull the radio out of it’s cavity. Disconnect the wiring connector and the antenna wire, and set the radio aside. On the left side of the radio cavity, there will be an opening, through which you will be able to see the Ignition Switch.