How many years back can I file my taxes in Canada?

How many years back can I file my taxes in Canada?

10 years
How far back can you go to file taxes in Canada? According to the CRA, a taxpayer has 10 years from the end of a calendar year to file an income tax return. The longer you go without filing taxes, the higher the penalties and potential prison term.

Can you file taxes for previous years Canada?

As long as you have filed a tax return in the past with the CRA and the CRA has the correct information on file for you, for example, your correct address, you can file returns for tax year 2015 and after using NETFILE. If you are filing returns before 2015, you will need to file those returns by paper.

How to file a corporate tax return in Alberta?

To file a corporate income tax return (AT1) using net file, the corporation must meet all of the following criteria: For returns for taxation years ending after December 31, 2017, any corporation whose gross revenue exceeds $1 million is required to net file its Alberta AT1 Returns.

How to file a federal tax return for 2009?

In order to file a 2009 IRS Tax Return, download, complete, print and sign the 2009 IRS Tax Forms below and mail the forms to the address listed on the IRS and State Forms. Select your state(s) and download, complete, print and sign your 2009 State Tax Return income forms. You can no longer claim a 2009 Tax Year Refund.

What was the federal tax rate in Canada for 2009?

2009 Income Tax Rates Canada | Canadian Personal Income Tax Rates. Federal Income Tax Rates for 2009: 29% of taxable income over $120,887. The chart below reproduces the first calculation that has to be made on Page 2 of Schedule 1 of the tax package to calculate net federal tax. Page 1 is used to calculate federal non-refundable tax credits.

Can a corporation claim a foreign investment tax credit in Alberta?

A corporation may be entitled to claim an Alberta Foreign Investment Income Tax Credit if it received foreign investment income and is entitled to claim a foreign tax credit under the federal Act relating to foreign income or profits tax paid on income from foreign non-business sources.