How much does it cost to have XM radio installed?
If you buy a VAIS satellite adapter kit, you get access to a network of dealers that can install it for you in a jiffy. A good kit that has everything you need costs about $300, with rebates that can drop the cost closer to $200.
Can I get XM radio installed in my car?
No, you can’t get SiriusXM in any car. If you don’t want to replace the factory stereo with an after-market radio (and, unless you’re adding a custom sound system to your car that’s probably not necessary), you need to install some sort of adapter kit to get the satellite radio to play through your speakers.
How long does it take to install Sirius radio?
Almost everyone hires a professional to do the job, and it will take them 2 to 4 hours.
How do I get XM radio in my car that doesn’t have it?
There are three standard options for adding satellite radio to your original factory vehicle stereo – here’s what you need to know about each.
- Buy A Stand-Alone Satellite Radio, Stick It To The Dash, And Then Run Some Wires.
- Get An AUX Adapter Kit, Rig Up A Satellite Radio Receiver.
Where do I put an XM antenna?
If you are installing the Standard XM Mount Magnetic Antenna, the antenna should be located on the roof of the SUV. The best location would be at the rear center of the roof as shown. If another antenna is already mounted in this location, mount the antenna a minimum of 3 inches away from the other antenna.
Will the XM antenna work inside the car?
Registered. I had a standalone XM radio unit in my car, but it used the same exact antenna as your kit. I just put it on the dashboard, and there were no reception problems (unless I passed under an overpass).
How do I get SiriusXM in an older car?
3 Ways To Add SiriusXM To Your Older Car
- Install an FM transmitter on your dash.
- Install a stand-alone satellite radio unit on your dash.
- Run wires from the stand-alone satellite radio unit to the FM transmitter and the vehicle’s electrical system.
How do I activate XM radio without paying?
- Call 866-635-8634.
- At the prompt, speak your Radio ID (also called an ESN or SID)
- Say “Yes” to confirm that you are ready to receive your activation signal now.
- Listen to the instructions for receiving your activation signal. If you have any further questions, say “Listener Care” to speak to an agent.