The travel essay is a story about documentary facts, described with the use of artistic images, comparisons, metaphors and personal reflections. First, all facts and names are recorded, and then people, events, and nature are described.
Essays perfectly convey documentary events in artistic form. When creating an essay, it is not necessary to invent a storyline. The essayist should be able to present in a descriptive form the reader a real-life event. To write a travel essay, you need to know its distinctive features.
Features travel essay
1. Travel essays relate to stories about the travels of an individual to different countries or to different objects.
2. The path of the publicist is transferred to paper. The essayist records people, facts, events, and broadcasts journalism, putting his emotions and individual understanding into the essay.
3. The travel essay describes personal feelings. When creating a travel feature, accuracy and concreteness are welcome. The essayist should be able to briefly describe the characters and the social system, using landscape inclusions.
4. An essayist who applies hyperboles, metaphors, comparisons, is able to write better and deeper travel essays.
5. Travel essays describe not only exact data but also the thoughts of a journalist. At the first stage, it is necessary to record all reliable facts, data about people and objects, and then choose the direction of the formation of the story itself.
For whom and about what?
The first thing to do when starting a job is to decide for whom you are writing who your main audience is. Then you need to set a goal and answer yourself: what are you writing for? Maybe tell people about the things you care about? Or maybe your goal is to tell about the political or cultural life of the country you visited. To make an essay harmonious, it is important to formulate your goal in advance and not to depart from it in the process of the whole work. Definitely, before starting to engage in such literature, it is worth reading the works of other authors who have already succeeded in this genre. In case you have any difficulties with your essay, you can get some help at paper writing websites (ASP/).
What do you feel that you see with your own eyes
Remember, do not write, relying only on your own imagination. Such a genre as a travel essay necessarily implies the personal presence of the author in the described society. In the essay should be felt his living breath and energy. The scale of your journey is not important, it can just be a neighbouring village or grand Hong Kong. The main thing is to describe what you feel yourself, touch it with your own hands, see with your own eyes. Not necessarily sitting at the desktop, write on a schedule. It is unlikely that you will succeed. Take notes, absorb the events around you and the emotions, your own and those around you. Celebrate everything that caused your smile, made you sad, enthralled, and you didn’t like it at all.
Be sure to describe:
• local flavour, which makes this place on the planet unique;
• the lifestyle of local residents, their traditions;
• features of their cuisine, culture, language.
At the travel essay at the moment there are several goals that the author must necessarily achieve in his journalistic work:
• Attract and interest readership. Get a response or opinion from her;
• Investigate in as much detail as possible the topic to which you are going to write an article or chapter of your travel essay;
• Show a solution to the problem that arose in the process of finding new and relevant information for readers.