What is there to do in San Antonio for Christmas?
Fun Things to Do Around Christmas in San Antonio
- Admire the Riverwalk Christmas Lights.
- Bike the Mission Trail.
- Attend the Light the Way Festival.
- Fill up on TexMex.
- … and tamales!
- Visit Natural Bridge Caverns.
- Take a day trip to the Hill Country.
- Hit up Six Flags.
What is there to do in Victoria at Christmas?
Top 10 Victoria Christmas Activities
- #1. Butchart Gardens.
- #2. Festival of Trees.
- #3. Merridale Christmas at the Farm.
- #4. Cookies and Cocoa and Photo’s with Santa at the Hotel Grand Pacific.
- #5. Ghosts of Christmas Past Walking Tour.
- #6. Gingerbread Showcase.
- #7. Christmas at Craigdarroch Castle.
- #8. Horse Drawn Trolley Ride.
What is the best Christmas town in Texas?
Top 10 Christmas Towns in Texas
- San Antonio.
- Richmond. © Matthew Carroll | Dreamstime.com.
- Jefferson. Jefferson Texas Candlelight Tour of Homes.
- College Station. Credit: Santa’s Wonderland- A Texas Christmas Experience.
- Galveston. Moody Gardens.
- Marshall. Wonderland of Lights.
- Grand Prairie. Credit: Prairie Lights.
Is the Riverwalk still decorated for Christmas?
The famous holiday lights on the River Walk will turn on this year on November 12th and remain on from dusk to dawn nightly now through January 10, 2022. Visiting the River Walk to enjoy the spectacular holiday lights is free. The River Walk is a public park and is open every day of the year, 24 hours a day.
Is San Antonio a good place to visit at Christmas?
With its stunning historical sites, blend of cultures, and lively pedestrian streets, this city is on any traveler’s USA bucket list, and Christmas in San Antonio means visitors get to experience even bigger and brighter celebrations than usual.
How long is the Riverwalk decorated for Christmas?
Every year on the day after Thanksgiving, the switch is thrown and over 100,000 twinkling lights form a magical canopy over San Antonio’s River Walk, which will shine brightly every evening from November 12, 2020, through January 31, 2021.
What is there to do in Victoria in December 2020?
10 Things to do in Victoria, BC this December
- The Butchart Gardens Christmas Lights – December 1 – January 6.
- Celebrate the Holidays at the Empress – December.
- Christmas in Old Town – December.
- Christmas in Old Victoria Walking Tour – December 1-31.
- Christmas at Craigdarroch Castle – December 1-31.
What is there to do in Victoria BC in December?
30 Things to do in Victoria, BC this Winter
- The Butchart Gardens Historical Display & Spring Prelude.
- The Royal BC Museum.
- Brews & Bites Tour.
- Cowichan Wine Country Tour.
- Horse-Drawn Trolley Rides.
- Tigh Na Mara Seaside Spa Resort.
- Chinatown Historical Walks.
- Oak Bay Beach Hotel & Spa.
Where can I go for Christmas in Texas?
10 Best Places to Spend Christmas in Texas
- Fredericksburg. • In the Texas Hill Country town of Fredericksburg, Christmas is celebrated in a style that befits their German heritage.
- Galveston. •
- New Braunfels. •
- Grand Prairie. •
- Jefferson. •
- Marshall. •
- Austin. •
- San Antonio. •
Where does it snow for Christmas in Texas?
Places featured in this article:
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park. 11450 State Hwy Park Rd 5, Canyon, TX 79015.
- Cadillac Ranch. 13651 I-40 Frontage Rd, Amarillo, TX 79124.
- Big Bend National Park. 1 Panther Junction, Big Bend National Park, TX 79834.
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park.
- Franklin Mountains State Park.
How long does the Riverwalk stay decorated for Christmas?
When to see Christmas lights in San Antonio?
If you’re visiting San Antonio in December (or even in late November or early January), don’t miss the stunning light display along the Riverwalk! The lights stay up through January 6 each year, so if you happen to be traveling after the New Year, you still have a small window to see them. Bike the Mission Trail.
When are the lights on the San Antonio River Walk?
The lights on the San Antonio River Walk will be on November 9 – January 4, with special events like Ford Holiday Boat Caroling and the Fiesta de las Luminarias. Come celebrate with us! Homemade tamales. Need we say more? In San Antonio, we bring flavor to every festival, and that’s especially true for holiday tamale events around town.
What to do in San Antonio for the holidays?
The holiday season is the season of giving but don’t forget about shopping. In San Antonio, you’ll find something for everyone on your list. From upscale, local boutiques, to shopping malls, to outdoor markets, check all the names off your list with ease.
Is there a tamale festival in San Antonio?
In San Antonio, we bring flavor to every festival, and that’s especially true for holiday tamale events around town. For generations, the unique San Antonio tradition of tamale making has captivated people of all ages. The holiday season is the season of giving but don’t forget about shopping.