What is there to do in Wellington in the winter?
Things to Do in Wellington in Winter
- Te Papa Museum.
- Eat the World at Capital Market.
- Shop ‘Til You Drop at the Underground Market.
- The Wellington Jazz Festival.
- Grab a Beer or Two.
- Tour the Parliament Buildings.
- Visit the Weta Caves and Go on the Weta Studio Tour.
- Watch a Film at Nga Taonga.
What can couples do in Wellington?
Top 10 Romantic Things To Do In Wellington
- Hire A Bike.
- See A Show At The Circa Theatre.
- Enjoy A Tipple At A Cocktail Bar.
- Kayak Wellington Harbour At Night.
- Visit The Botanic Gardens.
- Stroll Along Oriental Bay.
- Cruise To Matiu Somes Island.
- Under The Stars At Space Place.
Does Wellington have good nightlife?
Great Nights Out in Wellington The main party district in Wellington is along Courtenay Place with a mix of nightclubs, bars, cocktail bars and pubs. A few “underground” alternatives can be found along Cuba Street. The waterfront also has a host of nightlife venues with spectacular views of the harbour.
What is there to do in Wellington on a Sunday?
Top Attractions in Wellington
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa. 14,063. Speciality Museums.
- ZEALANDIA Ecosanctuary. 2,750. Nature & Wildlife Areas.
- Mount Victoria. 3,018. Lookouts.
- Interislander. 4,296. Ferries.
- Wellington Cable Car. 6,513.
- New Zealand Parliament. 1,922.
- Old St Paul’s. 1,198.
- Cape Palliser Lighthouse. 203.
What can you do in Wellington for free?
Free Things To Do in Wellington
- Te Papa – the National Museum of New Zealand.
- Walk round the Botanic Gardens.
- Go to the Weta Cave in Miramar.
- Chill out like a hipster at Frank Kitt’s park.
- Go round the bays and have a picnic at Scorching Bay.
- Visit the Marine Education Centre at Island Bay.
Is zealandia worth visiting?
Get outside in Wellington If you’ve struck it lucky, it’s worth checking out Zealandia – the world’s first fully-fenced urban ecosanctuary. You and the kids will love getting up close and personal with species native birds, reptiles, insects and even amphibians. There’s a stack of family passes to choose from.
What can you do on a date in Wellington?
16 Fun Date Ideas in Wellington
- Visit Zealandia. I have to hold my hands up.
- Visit The Zoo.
- Take the Wellington Harbour Ferry.
- Have Ice Cream at Kaffee Eis.
- Go Climbing.
- Try Axe Throwing.
- Go Horse Riding.
- Head to the Botanical Gardens.
What is there to do in Welly at night?
The 10 Best Things to Do in Wellington at Night
- Browse the eclectic night markets.
- Have a late-night board gaming session.
- Head on night tour of Zealandia.
- Alternatively, try a zoo sleepover.
- Stargaze at Space Place.
- Go glowworm-spotting.
- Laugh the night silly.
- Catch some local theatre.
How do I spend a day in Wellington?
If you’re wondering how to spend your time, here’s a quick run-down that will help you maximise your visit.
- 8:30am: An Early-Morning Stroll Around Wellington’s Botanic Garden.
- 9:30-10:00am: Brunch.
- 11:00am: A Parliament tour.
- 12:00pm: Lunch by the waterfront.
- 1:00pm: A visit to Te Papa Museum.
- 3:00pm: Afternoon sugar fix.
Is water free in Wellington?
Christchurch, like Wellington, and many other councils across the country, charges for water based on property value. Two homes, with very different water usage, will pay the same bulk charge. The logic of charging for water by volume appears compelling.
What can you see at ZEALANDIA?
Experience many of the rare and endangered species and see those which only come out at night. See unique species such as wētā, glow worms, and tuatara. Your group may see some of the 150 little spotted kiwi who call ZEALANDIA home – sightings of kiwi are common on these tours (circa 80%), but are not guaranteed.
How far is Wellington from Melbourne?
Distance from Wellington, New Zealand to Melbourne, Australia. The total straight line flight distance from Wellington, New Zealand to Melbourne, Australia is 1,602 miles. This is equivalent to 2 578 kilometers or 1,392 nautical miles.
What distance is Wellington from Dublin?
Distance between Dublin and Wellington is 259 kilometers (161 miles). Driving distance from Dublin to Wellington is 335 kilometers (208 miles).
How far is Wellington from Columbus?
Driving distance from Columbus, OH to Wellington, OH. The total driving distance from Columbus, OH to Wellington, OH is 103 miles or 166 kilometers. Your trip begins in Columbus, Ohio. It ends in Wellington, Ohio.
What to see and do in Wellington, New Zealand?
On a bright sunny day, Wellington Waterfront is the perfect spot for a leisurely wander. Traditionally, the waterfront is where the city’s key festivals and celebrations are held, including Waitangi Day commemorations, Chinese New Year, and annual fireworks displays.