Why is my Mac not letting me scroll?
Why is my Mac not letting me scroll?
Go to Mouse & Trackpad settings (Click on Apple logo on the menu bar > System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad). Make sure the Scrolling box is checked. Now, choose “with inertia” in the drop-down next to it. Click OK.
What happens when double finger scroll stops working?
Enable via Mouse Properties
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard.
- Type in “main.
- Switch to the Touchpad tab (or Device settings if the tab is absent) and click on the Settings button.
- Expand the MultiFinger Gestures section, then make sure the box next to Two-Finger Scrolling is checked.
How do I fix the scroll on my Mac?
To change your trackpad’s scrolling speed:
- Go to System Preferences > Accessibility.
- Select Pointer Control from the menu on the left.
- Choose Mouse & Trackpad tab.
- Select Trackpad Options.
- Use the slider to adjust your scrolling speed.
Why can’t I scroll down on trackpad?
To fix scrolling on touchpad not working, you can also try changing your mouse pointer. At Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound > Mouse. In the Pointers tab, under Scheme, select a different pointer from the drop-down menu. You can change your mouse pointer to a solid black one.
Why can’t I scroll with my touchpad anymore?
The touchpad settings are usually on their own tab, perhaps labeled as “Device Settings”, or such. Click that tab, then make sure that the touchpad is enabled. Then, press on the scroll section of the touchpad (on the far right) and slide your finger up and down. This should scroll the page up and down.
What to do if Scroll is not working?
How to Fix a Mouse Wheel That’s Not Scrolling
- Reconnect the mouse. Before doing anything, make sure the issue isn’t a temporary one.
- Replace the batteries.
- Clean the mouse.
- Check the touchpad.
- Check mouse wheel settings.
- Update mouse drivers.
- Fix corrupt system files.
How do I restore my Scroll bar?
- Click on the File menu then Options.
- Select Advanced from the sidebar.
- Scroll to the section for Display.
- Ensure that the Show horizontal scroll bar and Show vertical scroll bar options are selected.
- Click OK.
How do I get my side scroll bar back?
Show scroll bars in Word and Excel for Windows
- Click File > Options.
- On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Display section.
- Select Show horizontal scroll bar and Show vertical scroll bar, and then click OK.
How do I make my touchpad scroll with two fingers?
You can scroll using your touchpad using two fingers.
- Open the Activities overview and start typing Mouse & Touchpad.
- Click on Mouse & Touchpad to open the panel.
- In the Touchpad section, make sure the Touchpad switch is set to on.
- Switch the Two-finger Scrolling switch to on.
How to fix two finger scrolling on Mac?
By default, global preference settings are hidden in OS X and macOS. However, you can use Terminal to enable them and fix the two-finger scrolling gesture. Launch Terminal (Go > Applications > Utilities > Terminal). Now, type the following command in it. defaults write -g com.apple.trackpad.scrollBehavior 2
Why is my two finger scroll not working?
You might discover the two finger scroll not working due to your operating system having it off by default. Here’s how you can check. Head on over to the search icon in your taskbar and insert “mouse”.
How to get trackpad to scroll on MacBook Pro?
1 Go to Mouse & Trackpad settings (Click on Apple logo on the menu bar > System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad). 2 Make sure the Scrolling box is checked. 3 Now, choose “ with inertia ” in the drop-down next to it. 4 Click OK.
Where do I find scroll box on Mac?
Go to Mouse & Trackpad settings (Click on Apple logo on the menu bar > System Preferences > Accessibility > Mouse & Trackpad). Make sure the Scrolling box is checked.