Are there any lost treasures in Kansas?
Are there any lost treasures in Kansas?
Yes, Kansas is full of hidden treasures — from scenic views that would surprise many travelers; a history that is rich with stories of the many who passed through on their way to the vast West; and literal buried treasures hidden by Spanish expeditions, Indians, and outlaws.
Where is the best place to treasure hunt?
10 great places to hunt for treasure
- Cherokee Ruby & Sapphire Mine.
- Crater of Diamonds State Park.
- Herkimer Diamond Mines. Middleville, N.Y.
- Emerald Hollow Mine. Hiddenite, N.C.
- Woodward Ranch. Alpine, Texas.
- Morefield Gem Mine. Amelia, Va.
- California State Gem Mine. Coalinga, Calif.
- Rainbow Ridge Opal Mine. Virgin Valley, Nev.
How do I find a treasure hunt?
Here’s a quick how-to and some tips for a happy hunting!
- Plan your route.
- Scout out locations.
- Write and number the clues, and put them in numbered envelopes.
- Give yourself lots of time to plan.
- Get helpers’ buy-in.
- Set it up.
- Prepare for contingencies.
- Add in some random rewards to keep things interesting.
Are there any treasure hunting shows where they actually find treasure?
Here we showcase five of the best and rate their treasure-seeking success.
- Gold Rush (Discovery Channel)
- The Curse of Oak Island (History)
- Treasure Quest: Snake Island (Discovery Channel)
- Cooper’s Treasure (Discovery Channel)
- Devil’s Canyon (Discovery Channel, premieres June 5 at 10pm ET/PT)
Has gold been found in Kansas?
Kansas has attracted the attention of gold prospectors on a number of occasions, but no significant deposits have ever been found within the state. In the far northeastern corner of the state, glaciers once covered a small part of Kansas. These glaciers brought down gravels from gold bearing areas in Alberta, Canada.
Can you metal detect in Kansas state parks?
Metal detecting in Kansas is allowed in state parks, but you may not dig to retrieve items. Park managers may allow an individual to dig small areas when an individual is using a metal detector by special permit in certain areas and for specific purposes. Some areas, people are not allowed to dig or remove anything.
Where is the best place to metal detect for gold?
Our Top Places to Metal Detect
- Your Own Backyard. This is obvious – you don’t need permission.
- Parks. Lots of people, lots of lost trinkets and coins.
- Sports Grounds & Fairgrounds.
- Campgrounds, Scout Camps, Tourist Sites.
- Fishing Areas.
- Creeks, Rivers & Lakes.
Where is the best place to metal detect?
20 Places to Metal Detect: A List of the Best Places to Go Metal…
- Your own front and back yard.
- School Yards or Grounds.
- Sporting Fields.
- Old Drive-In Theaters.
- City Parks.
- Hunting Camps and Lodges.
- Renaissance Fairs and Fair Grounds.
Where can I find real treasure?
8 Places to Find Real Buried Treasure
- of 8. Crater of Diamonds State Park (Arkansas) Doug Wertman / Wikimedia Commons / CC BY 2.0.
- of 8. Bedford, Virginia.
- of 8. Jade Cove (California)
- of 8. Auburn, California.
- of 8. Ozark Hills (Missouri)
- of 8. Amelia Island (Florida)
- of 8. Pahrump, Nevada.
- of 8. Catskill Mountains (New York)
How do I find hidden gold in my house?
If you own an older home, here are some places to look. Under floorboards or stair steps that can be pried up easily. Behind loose bricks in basement walls, fireplaces and other masonry. In heating and air conditioning supply ducts (unscrew grates and reach in to search for hidden items).
Have they found treasure on Oak Island?
Oak Island is in Nova Scotia, and the mystery in question is a legend that there’s big treasure buried there. Since the 19th century, explorers have tried to locate the loot. And some interesting artifacts have been unearthed. But the main treasure has never been found—and remains a mystery even to these explorers.
Is Snake Island treasure hunt real?
(Los Angeles) – After a death-defying expedition on Brazil’s deadly Snake Island, a group of real-life treasure hunters continue their quest for the Treasure of the Trinity, a legendary hoard of Inca gold worth nearly $400 million.
Are there hidden treasures in the Kansas prairie?
Yes, Kansas is full of hidden treasures — from scenic views that would surprise many travelers; a history that is rich with stories of the many who passed through on their way to the vast West; and literal buried treasures hidden by Spanish expeditions, Indians, and outlaws .
Where was the Buried Treasure in Richmond Kansas?
The soldier told authorities that he knew where the general area of the payroll was hidden, but because of heavy rains that washed out the area, they were unable to locate the cache. An abandoned well near Richmond, supposedly holds a treasure of approximately $85,000 in gold coins.
Where was the gold dust found in Kansas?
Here are a few treasure stories related to Kansas. Near Marysville, on the Blue River, is a treasure of gold dust that was concealed in two buckskin bags. The gold was removed from California gold fields by two miners. The miners on their return from California were killed by Indians shortly after the buried their cache.
What does state treasurer of Kansas do for unclaimed property?
As State Treasurer, it is my job to reunite those people with their unclaimed financial assets. I use our website, in addition to many other initiatives, to bring the unclaimed property program directly to the people of Kansas. Checking your name online is easy, just click here. Why Does Unclaimed Property Come to Our Office?